If you’re one of the lucky few who get to work from home, you know that having a dedicated workspace is key to being productive. But if you don’t have a lot of space to spare, it can be tricky to create a home office that doesn’t feel cramped and cluttered. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to make the most of a small space – and we’ve rounded up our favourite tips for creating a work-from-home desk setup that’s both stylish and functional.
First things first: choose your desk wisely. If you don’t have room for a dedicated home office, look for a compact desk that can be tucked into a corner or placed against a wall. A small desk with drawers will give you extra storage for all your office essentials, while a floating shelf can provide some much-needed surface area without taking up too much space.
Work from Home Desk Setup Small Space
If you’re working from home in a small space, it’s important to have a desk setup that is both functional and stylish. Here are some tips for creating the perfect work-from-home desk setup in a small space:
1. Choose a desk that fits your space. You don’t want a bulky desk taking up too much room in your small space. Instead, opt for a sleek and slender desk that can be tucked into a corner or against a wall.
2. Keep your desktop clear. A cluttered desktop will make your small space feel even smaller. So, keep only the essentials on your desktop and store everything else in drawers or cabinets.
3. Add storage solutions. If you don’t have enough storage space in your desk, add shelving above or around it to store items like books, files, and office supplies. This way, everything will be within reach but out of sight.
How Can I Work from Home in a Small Space?
If you’re looking to set up a home office but don’t have a lot of space, there are still plenty of options available to you. Here are some tips on how to make the most of a small space when working from home:
1. Choose furniture that is both functional and stylish.
This way, you can create a workspace that is both comfortable and aesthetically pleasing. 2. Make use of vertical space by installing shelves or using tall bookcases as storage for your office supplies. 3. Use multipurpose items whenever possible.
For example, opt for a coffee table that doubles as a desk or choose a sofa with built-in storage underneath. 4. Keep your color scheme simple and neutral so that your small space doesn’t feel cramped or cluttered.
Where Should a Desk Be in a Small Home Office?
If you have a small home office, you may be wondering where the best place to put your desk is. After all, you want to be able to work comfortably and not feel cramped in your space. Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding where to put your desk in a small home office:
1. Consider the layout of your room. You’ll want to take into account any windows, doors, or other features that could impact where your desk should go. For example, if you have a window in your office, you might want to position your desk so that you can take advantage of natural light while working.
2. Think about how much space you need. Your desk doesn’t have to take up the entire room, but it should be large enough for you to spread out and work comfortably. If you have a lot of paperwork or files, make sure there’s enough surface area on your desk so that everything can fit neatly.
3. Choose a spot with minimal distractions. You’ll likely be more productive if you can situate your desk in an area of the room that isn’t too close to the door or other high-traffic areas. That way, you won’t be constantly interrupted when people come and go from your office space.
4. Make sure there’s enough outlets nearby. If possible, try to position your desk near an electrical outlet so that you can easily plug in any necessary devices or appliances (like a lamp or computer).
How Can I Add a Desk to a Small Space?
If you’re looking to add a desk to a small space, there are a few things you can do to make it work. First, consider where you want the desk to go. If you have an empty corner, that’s usually the best spot for a desk.
You can also put a desk in front of a window if you have one in your room. Once you’ve decided on the location, measure the space so you know how big of a desk you can get. There are lots of desks out there that are specifically designed for small spaces.
Make sure to get one that fits the measurements of your space. Another thing to think about is what kind of desk you want. A simple computer desk will do the trick if all you need is a place to put your laptop and some basic office supplies.
But if you’re looking for something with more storage, go for a desk with drawers or shelves. That way, you can keep everything organized and within reach. Finally, don’t forget about style!
Just because it’s a small space doesn’t mean your desk has to be boring.
How Do I Hide My Wfh Desk?
If you’re working from home, chances are you don’t want your desk to be the first thing guests see when they walk in. Here are a few ways to hide your Wfh desk:
1. Put it in a closet: If you have an extra room that can serve as an office, great!
But if not, consider putting your desk in a closet. You can still get natural light by opening the door or leaving it open a crack, and guests will never know it’s there unless you tell them. 2. Create a false wall: If you’re handy with tools, you can create a false wall to conceal your desk.
This is probably best if you have a dedicated office space, as it will take some time and effort to build the false wall. But if done right, it will completely hide your desk from view. 3. Hang curtains: Curtains are an easy way to block off any area of your home, including a Wfh desk.
They’ll also add some visual interest and soften the look of any room. Just make sure to choose curtains that match your décor so they blend in seamlessly.
WORK FROM HOME DESK SET UP | aesthetic desk tour, productive workspace, wfh essentials
Work from Home Setup Small Space
If you work from home, chances are your office is taking up valuable space in your home that could be used for other things. If you have a small space, you can still have a functional and comfortable work-from-home setup by following these tips:
1. Choose furniture that serves multiple purposes.
For example, an ottoman can serve as both a place to rest your feet and extra seating when needed. A coffee table can double as a desk. 2. Get creative with storage solutions.
Use baskets or bins to store items instead of letting them pile up on surfaces. Install shelves or hooks to maximize vertical space. 3. Consider using portable devices and apps to minimize the need for physical papers and files taking up space in your home office.
Working from home can be great, but it can also be a challenge when it comes to finding the right desk setup. If you have a small space, it can be even more difficult. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve put together a list of the best desks for small spaces, so you can make the most of your working from home setup.